[DeTomaso] Hagerty's Driving Experience at Ruby’s Diner in Redondo Beach

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Oct 19 16:50:59 EDT 2011

Oh come on Chuck, didn't you teach your daughter to drive in the
Pantera?  How bad can it be with the right mentor?

I'd jump at the chance, but I'm a thousand plus miles away.  And I've
not done a full ground up restoration on the car yet either.  I still
use it for what it was intended...

I DRIVE IT!

In fact, I drove it today.  Temps in the high 30's low 40's.  And I
had a passenger squealing in the seat next to me (yea... I was driving
and that's enough to scare anyone).

I had untold numbers of kids sit in the car at car shows this year...
and a good number of adults.  Even today it was drawing looks and I
let a guy sit in the driver seat.

I also ran into a FedEx delivery guy today whose father owned one, and
who knew the guy that owned the copper colored one that I saw back in
1986 that gave -me- the bug to buy one.  (See prior posts from years
past).

A teenager will probably remember MORE vividly and cherish the time
they got to actually -drive- some guys classic pride and joy in a
controlled environment, than they'll ever remember the time they drove
the dull econobox driver's school car.

Sign me up.
Asa Jay

Quoting cengles at cox.net:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home