[DeTomaso] gumball pantera purging air from cooling system

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 12:35:11 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/16/11 10 14 9, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> Before getting into whether it is necessary or not to drill holes in your
> heads, how old are your fans?
>
> If your car doesn't overheat at highway speed, then the cooling system is
> capable of cooling the engine if it gets enough airflow through the
> radiator.

A more relevant question might be--which direction are your fans spinning?

I've seen cars where the owners gooned up the fan wiring so that they spun
backwards!   This is not a recipe for success.

It's easy to check--turn on the car, and since your fans run all the time,
just hold a piece of paper in front of the grille.   It should be sucked
RIGHT up to the grille and stay there.   If it blows forward, you've found your
problem!