[DeTomaso] Single versus two-pod dashes...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 11:03:56 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/18/11 7 59 36, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> that was the cause, thus why a late model 72 ended up with a 2 pod dash,
> maybe they were out of the new
>
> ones and used what they had on hand ( left overs) until more arrived.

The two-pod dash was used on the first 800-or-so L-models, from
August-December '72; those cars also had rocker switches for the wipers instead of the
earlier-style rotary switch.   The single-pod dash first appeared in Jan
'73.   However, in April '73 about 20-30 Panteras were built using leftover
interior components including two-pod dashboards.   The front and center
consoles, and the heater boxes were different between the two dash styles as well.

This doesn't consider the Euro GTS which used a fiberglass dashboard that
had the same shape as the US single-pod dash, but was constructed very
differently.   That dash used the early-style front and center console; I don't
know what kind of heater box they used however.