[DeTomaso] One-owner cars

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:42:05 EDT 2011

I'm curious what the stories are about them (all - world-wide).  I just read an article (Newsweek? Autoweek?) and it said that a new Pantera was $9K, whereas a new Corvette was about half that.  Without getting into Pantera V/S Them, why did they buy a new, untested car for that much money - and then keep it for almost 40 years.  There's got to be some: "Now You Know The Rest of The Story" stories here.  Imagine who is buying the Bugatti's now: sports dudes, rock stars - but are they going to keep them?   ----Bill