[DeTomaso] Tire Foam cleaners

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 16:29:13 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/14/11 15 13 49, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> how do you clean your tires?  Make them all shiny?

Shiny tires are tires that are being killed.   Armor All and similar
products leach compounds from the rubber and will lead to rotting, cracking etc.
over time.

Although I'm not a fan of such things, reputable companies like McGuiars
sell tire cleaning and tire-shine products.   I normally just use Simple Green
and elbow grease to make them CLEAN, but not shiny.

Mike (who am I kidding--I'm lucky if I wash my cars once a year!)