[DeTomaso] Edelbrock Performer vs. Thunder Series AVS

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 00:20:05 EDT 2011

For big power, yes, Holly dominates (hence the brand offshoot).

But for street compromises, and in the DeTomaso world we know more
about that than most, compromise is a "winning" combination.

Edelbrock carbs offer easy tuning to a point.  To win, perfection is
what is needed. The right track, the right temperature, the right
Barometric pressure... Holly gives us what we need. To dive on the
street, we need: less hassle.  Edelbrock can offer that.  So the
compromise isn't perfect when the temperature is above or below 72F
and 10^5 Pa.  I want to *drive* today!

I do have to say, after just a modicum of tuning on my old Holley,
It's been pretty dreamy.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso