[DeTomaso] Re-attaching Headliner

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Thu Oct 13 19:50:27 EDT 2011

FWIW, I opted to purchase some modern headliner material from my local
convertible/interior shop.  Was silly cheap.  I inquired politely and they
gave me some of their industrial contact cement (I happened to have an empty
jar with me.)  I used a disposable 3 inch paint roller to apply (both roof
and headliner.)  Sit in the driver seat and use a large piece of cardboard,
to raise the headliner up near position.  Slide your hand between the
headliner and cardboard to raise the center in contact first.  Work your way
out from there.  Don't press too hard, you can force the contact cement into
the matrix of the headliner and create a permanent dent.  Don't make
accidental contact anywhere - that industrial contact cement is
unbelievable.  I don't think my headliner is ever coming off.