[DeTomaso] Valance Protection

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 02:39:22 EDT 2011

My street/race Corvair had a fiberglas air dam made in 3 pieces. The thing
looked like a mid-'80s Trans-Am nose spoiler. It worked fine and looked
good. But I also got tired of constantly repairing the brittle fiberglas. So I
took the vee shaped center portion off and duplicated it in .060 aluminum,
leaving the two molded ends in fiberglas. Then I could straighten a tweek with
a pair of vise-grip pliers. Since the car was painted silver as were the
two end pieces, I didn't bother painting the aluminum center section.
Something like this might work for you. My 2¢- J DeRyke