[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 87, Issue 7-EFI

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 12:07:03 EDT 2011

One of my main problems with EFI is that
it can kill the evil lope of a cam... Kirby mentioned
the GT 40 that Ford built a while back and I remember
after the Magic Man came and did his initial tuning
his final thing was to put a sound in the idle (lope)

It seems like some of the newer cars have worked
on the idle to give it that sound... new camero, Z06,
Ford Gt... etc... have you ever heard a new ZR-1
even with aftermarket exhaust it sounds like a lawn mower

Can you tune this sound in the new aftermarket systems???

Need to have the sound to make it a real car for me
Going to take my new mufflers off once we go to the track
next week as it is not the same car anymore... they
really killed the old 180s sound...

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera