[DeTomaso] final verduct on self-tuning fuel injection

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 21:19:41 EDT 2011

That's a perfect description of EFI.  People sometimes forget this is a hobby.

I might do EFI one of these days, but I will be doing it for the joy of tinkering around.

I switched to Webers because my Holley was too boring.  It started every time, got 19-21mpg, made great power, and basically did everything a carburetor is supposed to do.

My Webers ran very well right out of the box.  They cut mpg to about 15, but the power is unreal.  It feels like it has 100hp more.  I haven't spent any time tuning them, so I suspect that I will improve on the 15mpg.  If I get bored with the Webers, that's when I might try EFI.

The only negatives with Webers are cutting the decklid, and the slippery slope of making one more modification.  My car is still dead, and that's how it will remain until I get the time to finish it.