[DeTomaso] Rust encapsulator - NPC sorta

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Oct 5 16:59:54 EDT 2011

I used the POR15. It really requires the surface be properly prepped. If
there is rust in needs to brushed off, cleaned before covering. I
sandblasted. The sandblasting gives a rough clean surface and the POR15
sticks really well. It is almost like a hard tar.

If you go to sand or grind it off fo welding, it tars up.

One problem is painting over. The POR15 is not UV resistant. It should be
top coated. To top coat it, it needs to be prepped and there is some prep
for POR15 products. I sanded the surface of the POR15 before paint and it
was very time consuming.

Good stuff, not as simple as it seems to do it right. If I had to do it
over again I would of blasted and painted with a good quality epoxy
primer; it just makes more sense the all the work I did to make it right.

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/strip/strip9.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/strip/strip11.jpg

Gary