[DeTomaso] EFI-a comment

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 14:31:26 EDT 2011

I have to agree with Kirby, although my experience re EFI is limited to
minor fiddling with one example of D Quella's Weber-lookalike EFI, at about 2X
the cost that poor Justin now has into his unworkable system. Matter of
fact, to get 'our' system to run below about 9:1 air/fuel, KIrby e-mailed his
hard-won modified program to my friend with the same system and radically
shortened the time to a good running solid roller-cam stroker 351-C.
It also demonstrates that unless you're lucky in your allotment of good
components or very talented in trouble-shooting electronics, or live in an area
that has competent support techs, the average owner will be screwed beyond
his patience level with most cheap EFI systems. As someone said, "not quite
ready for prime-time use...." Personally, my 20 mpg tuner Holley on a
hot-rod 351C works well enough- especially when I read things like this. To those
who got their EFI /Cleveland working well- congratulations! You're a better
(and richer) tuner than I- J Deryke