[DeTomaso] The strange case of...

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Oct 2 21:06:07 EDT 2011

They are two different cars, plain and simple.  Examine the photos even
closer.  One has the L-interior dash while the other does not.  The
Turbo set-ups are entirely different.  The bellhousing is attached with
cap screws on the black car and with bolts on the red.  The spreader bar
is different, the holes in the inner fenders for the exhaust are placed
differently (one car has them in front of the spreader bar, the other
behind. There are more.

So unless they took the vin plates and moved them to a different car,
which I doubt, it only leaves one possibility.  I would postulate the
license plate was moved from one car to the other.  Perhaps one person
owns both cars?  No matter how... it's -not- the same car.

Are you absolutely positive the photos you took in 1997 are from 4142?

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA