[DeTomaso] The strange case of...

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:36:30 EDT 2011

Listers,

I'm processing the backlog of Registry updates, and I've come across quite a few real
interesting cars, and their history.  The one I noticed today is Pantera #4142.
Login directly to:
http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNMD04142/RTHPNMD04142.asp

Start at the bottom for the vintage photo and for sale ad, moving up. (The car was matched
by license plate.)  I took the photos in 1997 myself and can attest to the high quality
condition of the car then.

So what gives?  It received flares, and was an award-winning show car (dark blue), then
what?  Back to near stock?

I know this style of license plate is not transferable in California, in case you think
the plate was transferred to a different Pantera.

Anyone know the story on this car?

Chuck

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org