[DeTomaso] Spares

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Nov 29 13:48:36 EST 2011

Around town, I just keep a cell phone with me.

For a trip:

Fix-a-Flat.
Old T-Shirt
Leveling Blocks (to give additional clearance in case of a flat so I can
place a jack)
1 Qt. Oil,
Small bottle of brake fluid,
1 empty and flattened bottled water (for transferring),
Jumper Cables,
Spare belts,

Tools I keep are:

Breaker Bar/Socket (for lug wrench),
All wrenches needed to loosen the Compressor, Alternator, and the drive
pulley to the waterpump (I've got Kirk's firewall reduction which makes the
waterpump belt tedious to install).
Wrench needed to remove the passenger seat, seat belt bolts holding the
rear panel, and the firewall.
Spark Plug socket,
Long and short common screwdriver,
Needle nose Pliers with cutters,
Mid-sized adjustable wrench, just in case.

Other stuff: an old coil wire and an old spark plug gapped correctly.

If I can't fix it with that, she gets towed.