[DeTomaso] Fuse Panel location

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Nov 28 08:40:53 EST 2011

Thought I would post some photos of the fuse panel I am putting in.

My goal was to:

1. move the fuse panel to the front trunk for easy access and modification
2. Gain the space in the interior where the fuse panel was
3. Lighten the wiring under the dash
4. Make the dash easily removable with single plug in wire harness and
maybe one or two other plugs.

I looked at many fuse panels and I chose the Haywire because of what I
wanted to do to it and the way it was set up with terminals.

I got new clips used to build the box from Haywire (with much confusion as
to what or why I would want to pull the box apart and re-wire it). I
re-wired it so the terminals could be moved to where I needed them to
utilize the space behind the battery:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/bat/bat1.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/bat/bat2.jpg

The battery clears the panel but I will keep t to the right to make it
easier to remove fuses. I will make a dedicated tray which fits the
battery itself latter:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/bat/bat3.jpg

I am going to build an aluminum panel/deck on the right side (passenger
side) of the trunk opening to hold 2-4banks of relays and a battery
cutoff.

There will probably be some covers for this stuff latter too.

Gary