[DeTomaso] BMW Thermostat

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Sat Nov 26 09:42:28 EST 2011

Jeffrey,

I did look at the Land Rover remote thermostat at one point. It's a pressure
relief style thermostat in that it not only opens at a given temperature but
at a given pressure as well. I was under the impression that it also had
1.25" ports. As far as the BMW 320i thermostat is concerned, it may only be
for a 2.0L engine but the orifice is very large. Much larger than the
orifice in a 351C thermostat. BMW seems to like designing high flows into
their cooling systems. The BMW V12 thermostat that I have in my remote
thermostat housing is nearly 4" in diameter.

Dave