[DeTomaso] NPC but TC (Thanksgiving content)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 02:38:00 EST 2011

Thanksgiving around here didn't really get started until today.   The
Nor-Cal Shelby Club had a short-notice track day at Laguna Seca.   Lori just
bought herself a track-ready show-car Miata Monday night, so we spiffed that up
and took it down there; she had previously arranged to rent a Spec Miata
race car for the day, so now she had TWO cars to drive.

You might imagine the obvious solution, but that's not what happened.
Instead, she would drive one car in one group, then when the checkered flag
dropped, she'd race into the pits, hop into the other one parked alongside, and
tear back out onto the track again!

And I shot photos...and occasionally got rides. :>)

The weather was spectacular--sunny and clear and temps in the mid 60s,
perfect track weather.

We were joined by local PCNC member Markus Woehler who drove the 10 minutes
from his house in his beautiful silver Pantera to spectate; another local
Pantera was spotted briefly in the paddock as well.

Afterwards, we went into town for a great burger at a total out-of-the-way
hole-in-the-wall pub, and got home around 10:30.

We have lots to be thankful for! :>)