[DeTomaso] Power by Ford badge

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:37:59 EST 2011

I have several versions of these emblems (plastic, metal etc...) if anyone
needs to see pics, I think they are on my website, or I can take fresh photos...

Chuck

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org

>  Please give us uninformed some more background on the 'powered by
> Ford' badge being replaced with the 'DeTomaso V8' badges. My #3400 has the
> DeTomaso and most I have seen are the Ford. I have always wondered about this
> since I got my Pantera.

US cars got the "Powered by Ford" while non-US cars got "DeTomaso V8".
Lots of Americans (like me) chose to fit the Euro badge, meaning there are
lots of US-market badges floating around....