[DeTomaso] NPC: Excellent Tailgater Video

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:34:36 EST 2011

I had a similar experience.  I was driving a camper/transport van that was handicap
equipped, with hand controls etc... I got it at an auction to move a friend around, hoping
he would buy it.  But the van really guzzled gas...Anyway...

So the tailgator ignores my hints... I sped up a little, no avail, then tapped my brake
lights a few times.  No improvement.

I could not even see the front of their car they were so close.  Next I braked back down
to the speed limit, and even waved them to pass.  Instead they chose to get impossibly
closer.

I braked a little harder, and just got a horn.

This van had a wheelchair elevator & lift loading device on the rear with a large
articulating arm contraption.  When you pressed the button the back doors opened
automatically, this large folding fork support moves out and then the ramp & lift would
deploy.
One could stop it unfolding at any point.  So I paused it part way.

The forklift arms were about radiator level, with the folding ramp still hinged like a big
"A" so that it blocked the back of the van like armor....

Then I slowed down slowly... until the tailgator had to chose impact, back off or pass.
He chose to back WAY off, and take the next exit.

I was hauling a fork truck on a trailer a while back. I was going plenty
fast; probably faster then I should have for the weight.

A mindless