[DeTomaso] New Pantera Windshield...Available from So-Cal Classic Auto Glass Connection.

Michael Becker mikebecker at cox.net
Mon Nov 21 23:53:38 EST 2011

Hi Gang (SDP and Detomaso Forum),
Good news for folks interested in windshields for their Pantera.  Another
source has materialized.  This info was passed to me by Dan Miller, the
connection is a friend of Dan's.  This is in the San Diego area, and I'm
sure there is at least one local member who could use a new windshield.
Hopefully, we'll have some local experience with the source and I will pass
along any feedback I hear.

 mike becker

here's the info...

NEW PANTERA WINDSHIELDS AVAILABLE!!!

After waiting well over a year, an initial shipment of Pantera windshields
is to arrive around October 31st and should be available shortly thereafter
for purchase. Because we were unsure of just how much demand there would be,
the quantities for the first order are somewhat low. We should be receiving
8 green-tinted windshields with the blue sun-shade across the top and 16
green-tinted windshields without the shade.

Regular pricing for the green-tint with the blue sun-shade version will be
USD $450 and the non-shaded version will be priced at USD $425.

Members of the national or local Pantera clubs who pay in advance will
receive USD $50 off either version.

Shipping is available anywhere in the United States. For shipments outside
the US, arrangements can be made to any freight-forwarding company of
choice.

Locally, arrangements for free delivery can be made along the I-15 corridor
from Ontario down to, and including, all of San Diego Counties. For all
other Southern California residents, (And any others that don't mind the
drive!) I can arrange for you to will-call your windshield at the
distribution center in Ontario California.

I accept Visa/Mastercard, certified checks and money orders...even good
'ol-fashioned cash!
(California residents should expect to pay an additional sales tax of
7.75%.)

The windshield itself is a reproduction of an original. In our initial
search for a sample to replicate, we were offered two used reproduction
windshields. Although both had been removed from two living and breathing
Panteras, the choice, as it has always been in the past with other glass we
make, was to obtain an original sample or forgoe reproducing the glass
alltogether. Luckily that wasn't the case and, again, an intact original was
finally obtained from "a friend of a friend" almost in my backyard!

As a company we reproduce windshields, side glass and back glass for various
American cars and trucks from the '30s through the '70s. Larger, national
and well-known companies such as Year-One, National Parts Depot, Danchuck,
Original Parts Group and Scott Drake Enterprises are but a few that purchase
glass from us.

Again, quantities are low so it's first come, first serve. If there is an
additional order to replace this first shipment of windshields, turnaround
time will be a matter of 3-4 months+.

Brian Nebergall
SoCal Classic Autoglass Connection
Escondido CA