[DeTomaso] graphite collector gaskets - REM brand

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 22:32:59 EST 2011

Justin wrote -

don't use fancy graphite ones.  just use old fashioned copper/metal gaskets in my opinion.

I agree with Justin.

I started getting back firing when letting off the throttle, and traced it to a blown-out graphite gasket at the RH collector.

So I replaced my graphite gasket on the RH collector, and now I've got back-firing again.

Pretty sure the LH gasket has now let lose, too.

Back to the 'dead' aluminum gaskets as they never gave me trouble like these.

Running Quella's GTS headers and true GTS Ansa mufflers.

Could it be the muffler back pressure is too much for the graphites?

Larry