[DeTomaso] NPC - Shelby GT350-R Pictures 1965 Dallas?

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Mon Nov 21 19:28:28 EST 2011

At a car show last week I talked to Jim Wicks.  He is the long time
organizer of the Tulsa Shelby meets.  I think going on 35 years worth of
meets.
He is looking for pictures of the first outing of the GT350R.  The first
competition was at Green Valley Raceway in Dallas, Valentines Day  1965.  I
was there, so was Shelby and Ken Miles (we wern't together).  It was an
eventful day for them.  I think they were running B Production.  Wicks and
others have found and are restoring this car as the centerpiece of the 50
year Shelby Mustang aniversary.  He is looking for any pictures that may be
available of that week-end and that car.  He was excited that I was there
but not that I didn't have a camera.
I am sure he would be very appreciative of anyone that has anything to
offer.

Thanks in advance for any help,
jerry knotts