[DeTomaso] Actually, PC--WTF are these things?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 23:44:46 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/20/11 15 29 29, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> They are definitely not Pantera parts; for the life of me I can't
> figure what they are at all.   They are three-piece assemblies; with two
> bronze/brass bits around a steel sleeve, with holes machined here and
> there.
>
> Three complete assemblies and one taken apart, pictured here:
>
> http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/576103/WTFThings.jpg
>
> Can somebody tell me WTF these things are?
>
>>>HAH!   I got a hit!

Remember, all these parts date from the late 1970s.   The guys were helping
with the Round Table Pizza race Pantera, which raced in the SCCA at that
time (and is now in Arizona, Rich Hoppe has it, doesn't he?).

It turns out these things are home-made solid A-arm bushings.   Back in the
days before they invented Delrin and other similar hard plastics, racers
used to replace stock rubber A-arm bushings with solid bushings, and this is
apparently what these are.

Probably pretty worthless these days, as nobody would use these over poly
bushings, I don't think.   But if anybody has a burning desire for four solid
A-arm bushings, you know where to get them! :>)