[DeTomaso] Brakes for 15" rims

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 14:57:40 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/20/11 11 46 55, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> And yest they fit in the 15" GR4 rims.

And anybody who thinks that those brakes would be insuffient for ANY use
that you might consider, is completely delusional.   Those things will
cheerfully take all the punishment you can dish out and come back for more.

Having said that, Wilwood rotors can have some problems bedding in
properly.   Some have said that the hole in the center of the rotor hat is slightly
undersized relative to the protrusion on the hub, so that it doesn't index
properly; others have postulated that the rotors actually warp when exposed
to their first few heat cycles.

I know that I had a hell of a time with my Wilwood brakes; I had enormous
rotor runout after a relatively short amount of use.   I pulled the rotors
and had them turned, and that worked for a short time, but then the runout
returned.   Eventually I had the rotors turned on the car, which is more
expensive, but that worked extremely well, and the rotors have remained flat and
true ever since, even after hours of racetrack abuse.