[DeTomaso] Reno fire and Reno Pantera owners

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:03:46 EST 2011

Chuck,

Thanks for the concern, yes we are okay, despite the fact the fire actually came right through my neighborhood and as close as across the street. My wife was evacuated in the early hours of Friday morning and only had time to round up the 3 dogs and get to the car as it was so fast moving with the unusually high winds. I was on a business trip in Calgary at the time and jumped on the first flight out only to get stuck in Salt Lake City as Reno Airport was closed due to the high winds and low visibility (smoke), finally got back to Reno 1 am this morning.

We were let back into the house at 10 am and we suffered no damage other than lost a tree in the back yard and soot/ash everywhere. Fortunately my house was sealed better than many mainly due to the fact I spend a lot of time in the garage in winter and had sealed around the doors. Many neighbors have had to have professional crews in for smoke damage cleanup. The neighborhood is blackened and charred, but all credit goes to the firefighters for managing to save so many homes. Our hearts go out to the 30 or so families who were not so fortunate and lost theirs. Most of the homes that burned are within a mile radius from my house, we consider ourselves very lucky.

Julian