[DeTomaso] NPC: Koenigsegg

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Fri Nov 18 11:17:50 EST 2011

I don't understand why everybody makes such a fuss over the Veyron. Right
here in the Nordics (I'm feeling more Swedish than ever before) Christian
von Koenigsegg builds the Koenigsegg Agera (Agera is Swedish for "to act")
that also has 1000+ HP and weighs a lot less. 1.41kg/HP according to the
homepage, don't think any car is better? Real car? This is not a kit-car
with a ridiculously big engine, it's very well sorted, it's craftsmanship is
at the highest level, ask Jay Leno.

Today they introduced their Danish dealership, so I went to the reception.
There were two Koenigsegg cars there, one CCX for sale, in just the blue
color I like, but since the steering wheel was on the wrong side, I didn't
buy. And there was a silver Agera, driven down from the factory to this
event. They started the CCX briefly, even though it was inside. The idle
didn't sound especially impressive, but when he revved it, pure racecar
sound.

Christian von Koenigsegg was supposed to be there, but he wasn't. Instead
there was the Head of Sales EU/ North America in the Agera. I spoke with
him, trying to keep my questions a bit more informed and scientific than the
usual "what's the mileage", "what's the Danish tax etc". I also asked him
about factory visit. He talked for a minute about how they have to be
restrictive, how they get a lot of requests, and that people come ringing
their doorbell uninvited 4-5 times per day. I said that I "presented" a
group of Danish and Swedish DeTomaso Pantera owners, and that I could
imagine arranging a trip for that group of people. He looked a bit more
positive then, and ended up giving me his business card and told me to get
in touch with him. I don't know if my close-by fellow Pantera owners would
like to go there, but I would.

Has anybody here ever driven a Koenigsegg?

Mikael