[DeTomaso] Sprinkler solved

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Nov 17 07:51:13 EST 2011

None of my Panteras have ever had properly functioning sprinkler/washer.
Either nothing came, or a weak one sided stream. Well, not anymore. So maybe
sharing could help somebody:

1. Wires to motor were the wrong way on, white should go to "+"
2. Just where the hose enters the cowl/wiper area, it does a 90 degree. This
stiff hose was squeezed there. New hose, softer turn
3. Clean the holes, obviously. But after cleaning them with a tool that's
for cleaning and adjusting them, still not good enough. Then I looked
through my carb part box, where I keep all the very small drills, used to
drill carb passages on Rochesters way back. Find a drill that fits the holes
and use that drill to clean the holes. Just with your fingers, not a power
drill. On mine that made a huge difference, now the sprinkler works as good
as on a modern car.

Mikael