[DeTomaso] Brake Upgrade

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sat Nov 12 18:21:28 EST 2011

When I set the MG up with aftermarket brakes, rotars and MC, I built a
complex spreadsheet calculating everything from pedal length and throw,
psi, pad area, rotor, tire radius and a 100 other things. It is a non
boosted car and I needed to maximize the effort needed for pedal throw. I
needed also to get balance as close as I could because unlike a balance
bar, the more the proportional the more pedal force required as a whole.

With the spread sheet I pretty much nailed the correct Master, rotors,
calipers and balance. Braking is pretty good for a non boosted car.

Gary