[DeTomaso] racing with mufflers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 12:25:36 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/11/11 8 21 31, ehpantera at yahoo.com writes:

> I have been having problems with my mufflers breaking welds and breaking
> the exhaust pipe itself while racing on a road course. What do you racers
> do to correct for this? Do you run a straight exhaust pipe ( no muffler)?

What kind of exhaust are you running? And what kind of mounting scheme are
you using?

FWIW I've run my cars (all of them) hard on the track and have never had
any problems whatsoever, with the standard mounting schemes.   If you have an
aftermarket setup that isn't properly secured, all bets are off though.

More information (photos?) please!   Thanks!