[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 88, Issue 11-Brakes

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 11:58:36 EST 2011

I have the Winston cup setup from Byers
wilwoods 6 piston front ..4 piston back
big rotors non drilled.. no slots but vented
S-10 master they sell

Mickey mouse fancy Pantera Logo e-brake
that still needs the cable.. but who needs an e-brake
although it would be nice to have when the car
is on the race car trailer and being towed to the track

I have six years plus on this setup and drive
the car almost every weekend and one night
a week in the summer

The car has about 32 hours of track time... one
Silver State and 12 runs up the Viginia City Hillclimb,
about 6 autocross events

I have the same pads and they are 1/2 worn
No brake fade ever.. although a Vette with Stoptech
brakes did out brake me at the Thunderhill event at
the end of one straight but my guess is just a better
driver

No squeal on the street.. only thing is when the car
is first cold the vacuum in my motor is not that great...
big solid lifter cam... so the first stop or two out the
door are manual but no big deal

Viper boy who tracks with us.. and yes he did pass me...
cooked his fluid the day before we got there so had
it changed and then it boiled again the end of the second
day... the shop that changed his fuid stated his pads
were getting thin and heat was going thru.. there are some
pieces he can add to keep the heat from passing thru

I just need to figure out what type of pads I have now
so when I replace them I can have the same durabiltiy

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera