[DeTomaso] Brake Upgrade - Opinions?

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 19:19:55 EST 2011

Not a lot happening on the list today, so let me post this -

A few of us took our Panteras racing a couple of weeks back at Thunderhill (see pict: http://bit.ly/vmxDSv) - we had a great time, but what I quickly realized was (as most of you know) that stopping 500+ HP requires a bit more than a stock brake setup.

So, i'm seriously look at my options for upgrade this winter and would like to ask the collective their opinions.  I'm thinking some sort of Wilwood 4 caliper / slotted rotor combination for the front would do the trick. What is important is that I don't want to mess with changed off-sets or clearance issues for my 17" campy clones.

Anyone have a particularly good experience with a vendors' offering?  Alternatives that make sense?

Thanks for your input!

brent
4328