[DeTomaso] Windshield

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 10:02:05 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/8/11 23 04 21, kirby.schrader at gmail.com writes:

> No problem. Thanks.
>
> Dennis Quella installed it while the car was there at his place in Castle
> Rock.

But the question is, where did he get it?   He may have his own local
source, but I doubt it.   He's probably either installing a Hall or a
Wilkinson-sourced package.   He'll be happy to tell you; you just have to phone him.
He'll tell you all the pros and cons and detail the additional labor
necessary to let you install it and you can then decide if it's worth your while.

We've heard anecdotally that the new 'offshore' windshield gaskets sold by
Wilkinson and others don't fit worth a damn (this is for the classic
windshields).   Roland in Germany sources the Right Stuff, at a much higher price.
 But if the choice is between cheap which doesn't work, and expensive which
does, that's really not a choice, is it?

I think Mr. Fiat sells the same Italian-sourced gasket in the USA, probably
at a somewhat similar price to Roland (Roland's might be a bit less
expensive, even considering shipping--tell us Roland?).

http://www.mrfiat.com/index.php?car=Other%20Makes&type=De%20Tomaso&
cat=Pantera

Remember there are two completely different systems (and thus gaskets); the
1971 cars were different from the '72 and later cars.