[DeTomaso] Windshield

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 09:55:08 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/8/11 18 51 39, klckmac at msn.com writes:

> Looking for a new winshield, open to flush mount or original for my 72
> Pantera. I've seen pics of both out there and would like feedback from anyone
> who has replaced theirs with either and who you recommend. I like the idea
> of the flush mount as it seems to clean up the front a bit.  Any and all
> ideas greatly appreciated.

You need to determine if you appreciate the Pantera as a true classic car,
or if it's merely a blank canvas for you to create a mid-engined hot rod.
That will determine the direction you take.   The nice thing is, there's
really no wrong answer in the Pantera world.

Some of the flush-mounted windscreens have a huge black band all the way
around the inside, that actually reduces the area you see through
significantly.   I think that looks like crap, and can't understand how anybody would
pay good money to make that modification.   If the glass is basically 100%
clear, then there's no real downside other than the fact that it looks a bit
odd having trim on the sides, but not on the front.

Personally, I prefer the classic look, especially if the rest of the car is
more-or-less stock-looking....

Mike (whose car is more-or-less stock-looking)