[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 88, Issue 9

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 09:45:00 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/9/11 6 08 2, rickrows at hotmail.com writes:

> What's a good starter replacement for the Pantera?

This one works great!

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-1322-new-ford-mini-pmgr-starter-302-351-manual
-transmissions-3223-sfd0012.aspx

Model number 3223, also known as the SFD0012.   You need to ask them to
include the (free) wiring kit.

The flange is thicker than the stock starter, so you'll need to install
new, longer studs, available at your Ace hardware store.   The mounting nuts
can be problematic, as clearance starts to get tight and it's difficult to fit
a 17mm socket (the starter mounting studs, and thus the nuts, are metric)
in there.

I can supply the studs and replacement nuts at my cost; I have either
metric flange nuts at $1 each which use a 15mm socket, or super-duper ARP
12-pointed nuts that are only 12 mm, for $5 each.

Let me know if I can help you out?