[DeTomaso] Longchamp listed on eBay

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Wed Nov 9 01:30:58 EST 2011

Yep, it's not a Pantera, but. J

At this year's Spa Italia I had to leave the Pantera at home with a dropped
valve, so I drove there in the 'Champ. I had booked track time, which I
probably wouldn't have done, if I had known I wouldn't be driving the
Pantera. Didn't want to act as a rolling chicane for the exotics. But when
getting on the track, I was positively surprised. Mike's right about the
weight, I probably had the heaviest car out there. And I was on 10 year's
old orig size tires, 215/70, probably the highest profile out there. And I'm
definitely not high on driver talent. Despite all that I found myself
overtaking maybe 20 cars, multiple Alfas, one Ferrari (I braked later, got
first into the turn, then he overtook me on the following straight, then I
outbraked him again), and yes also two careful Panteras. In the end I
reached the pace car, when looking as if I could overtake him, they gestured
wildly at me, so I had to settle for being first in the field.

I'm fully aware that the Longchamp isn't superior at the track to Panteras
and Ferraris, the drivers were careful, but bottom line is that the
Longchamp is a fantastic GT that's not embarrassing to take to track. BTW, I
was comfortable doing it, in white Alcantara and A/C on. J

I would like some more power, and the car could handle it, don't we always?

Mikael