[DeTomaso] Near tradgey last night

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Nov 4 16:52:07 EDT 2011

This happened to me just about a month ago in fact.  However mine is
of the design Bill speaks of below.  Mine actually snapped after the
door had closed, after I got out of the car and turned to make my way
into the house.  I knew almost instantly what happened.

When I looked back, the spring was still on the rod.  My door system
has a rod that goes through the center of each spring, so they stay
put if they break.

I had to leave for a trade show the very next morning, but I gave
Shelley some recommendations.  She called around, and had one come
out.  They replaced both springs and re-tuned the lift on the door for
under a hundred bucks as I recall.

I know others in my area that weren't as lucky.  And it's one of them
who found it's a bitch to match silver paint.

Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home