[DeTomaso] cold air options

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Nov 4 14:02:14 EDT 2011

Jack,
thanks for that tip - I have there rear raised about 1/2" (looks like hell) and think that helps flow through the radiator.  Last spring at Fernley I was able to run all I wanted with cool oil and water.  Previous year I could go about 4 laps before things got toooooo hot.

FYI: the Tiger overheating in traffic is cured by ducting the front so that all fresh air going in goes through the radiator (important on everything - cured all my miata problems) and keeping hot air from the rear out of the front of the radiator!

All this "best practice" stuff pretty much applies across the board.

cheers,

David