[DeTomaso] Dogbone airfilter questions

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Nov 3 09:52:31 EDT 2011

Thanks for answers. After Summit'ing a bit, I found that I can actually get
an offset 14" base, needed to clear the rear lid. It's almost as if it was
designed to help Pantera owners, but it's actually to clear the GM HEI.

If I combine that with just a 2" tall filter element and a filtered top, I
get approx. 220 square inches of area. The dogbone with 2 filters give
approx. 110 sq ", and with 4 filters 220 sq ". And I get more visibility out
of the rear window, plus it's adjustable (by buying 14" filters of different
heights). Plus I save $200. And since some of the air comes from above
instead of all of it having to turn 90 degrees to enter the carb, I'm sure
it's less restrictive than the dogbone. Maybe not enough to see even one HP
on a dyno, but still :-)

So here's what I ended up with:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-239142/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-2231/