[DeTomaso] Dogbone airfilter questions

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Nov 3 05:09:23 EDT 2011

I know this has been discussed, and on the PI Forum I searched and got a lot
of info, but no real conclusion. First, the reason I want it is not bling,
it's so I can look out my rear window. But I don't want to restrict
performance.

Here are some of the questions that are still open for me:

-Who has it, are you happy with it?

-Is it restrictive, I need air for a 600HP 408 engine, using a single Holley
850?

-If the filter area is the restriction, can I just double filter it, two on
each side?

-If it's the distance above the carb, how far is it from the top of the vent
tubes?

-The distance over the carb could be remedied by a carb to air cleaner
spacer?

Of course if Holley has done the work properly, it won't restrict flow on
the biggest 5 1/8 neck carb, and won't be too close to the vent tubes. Have
they?!

Summit has Holley version for a whopping $300

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-64280/

Mikael