[DeTomaso] Cleveland Intake manifold end gasket surface shape+What's the best intake gasket

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 15:27:04 EDT 2011

In a message dated 11/1/11 7 52 18, thomas at hax.se writes:

> Hmm, perhaps I should replace my turkey pan as well? My hacked up 351W
> intake has enough issues sealing anyway. Perhaps that will improve the
> idle...

There's nothing wrong with the original-style intake manifold gasket IF
it's installed correctly.   Any gasket that isn't installed correctly, and
subsequently leaks, will be the source of a problem.   That's not the gasket's
fault...:>)

Mike (never had a leak with an original-style gasket but DID have a leak
with a standard-style gasket that somebody else installed....)