[DeTomaso] Pantera carcasses

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Nov 1 11:01:51 EDT 2011

1973 Pantera vs. 1971 Mustang

Front Fenders removable vs NOT
Rear quarters reproduced by several vendors vs NOT

Bottom line:
a few thousand sold vs hundreds of thousands sold

Which makes more monetary sense as a vendor?  It's simple economics really.

There are some of the Pantera vendors who try to recover anything they
can from a wrecked or discarded Pantera, including body panels.  So
there are a few out there.  When I visited Pantera Performance Center,
Dennis had a few carcasses he'd been pulling parts from for years.
But I don't know that anyone is reproducing major body panels.

Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home