[DeTomaso] Postcard from Belgium....

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue May 31 02:35:21 EDT 2011

Not only is it a fascinating looking car, but the story behind it is equally
interesting.

Roland has owned the car for 33 years. He bought it as a complete wreck, and
the entire front half of the car was literally missing. This was the
pre-internet era, and information was scarce. A friend sent him photos of a
Mangusta, and he hand-hammered out panels based on the photos to rebuild the
car from scratch.

"Let's see, here's a photo of a Mangusta headlight... so I guess it must
look sort of like this..." and so forth. He had no engineering drawings and
no purchased parts to rebuild it.

The interior is quite nice, and all hand-sewn by Roland as well. It's a
rather menancing looking car in the rear view mirror!

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"