[DeTomaso] MME Engine Failure

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:40:58 EDT 2011

Russ,

I don't know you, all indications about you on the site are positive.  So
this isn't personal or about you or your business.

But WHAT?

If there is a hack in the shop, it is the responsibility of the shop owner
who hired him/her.

Every person who works for you is an extension of you and the reputation of
the shop rests as much on their shoulders as it does the owner.

So in response to that, hire better people or it can bit a shop.

I could never in a million years say, we didn't ^%#$ up your commercial Mr.
Client, but one of my people did"

My people ARE me.

As far as substandard parts, that's why there is quality control at the
plant and inspection before assembly, many people send brand new parts out
to be magnafluxed just to be sure before their reputation goes on the line
by installing it.

Secondarily, if a supplier is sending out bad parts, how many strikes do
they get before a builder stops using them.

If I made a part that caused a failure, I would feel responsible ( morally
if ot legally ) to make it right.

Again, my reputation rests on the parts  that I use, if they fail, I fail

"Excuse me, Cast and crew and client, I know that we are spending $150,000
to be out here today shooting your commercial, but the camera is a POS and
doesn''t work,

....sorry.

Sorry don't cut it.

I selected the camera and my AC should have checked it out before it left
the rental house and made sure it was up to par.

Production Insurance doesn't cover stupid.

If the accused company is having failure after failure, everybody should
know about it, money is tight and for many people, the Pantera is an
indulgence
already, monies should be wasted to help somebody's " wittle hurt feelings".

The market rules ( BEAN COUNTERS and all), hacks go out of business
everyday, some people need to be employees who are bosses.

Superior performance, pricing, a strong work ethic and most importantly
Customer service help a strong business grow stronger.

Michael Shortt