[DeTomaso] Free Flow Exhaust

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed May 25 18:40:09 EDT 2011

Is it a loud backfire or a series of lesser pops?  I had the series of pops
issue when I swapped out my stock exhaust to bigger bore headers with Borla
2 1/2" and pipe.  The pops were not loud, but annoying to me. Some folks
here like the sound but I think it just makes your car sound like it needs
work.  My solution was to keep the headers and pipe but introduce a little
back pressure with the mufflers.