[DeTomaso] Tech Session and ZF question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 22 22:36:41 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/22/11 12 33 50, peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Now for the question. Once at Rogers and a few more times back closer to
> home, while backing up in reverse, the car acted like it was thrown in to
> park...which it doesn't have.

I heard and saw it.   The car made a noticeable clank, and came to a stop
as though somebody had stomped on the brakes.

Although there's a possibility that something is amiss in the ZF, I would
be more inclined to believe that the problem has to do with one of the brake
calipers, probably in the rear.   Mounting bolt comes adrift, the caliper
manages to do okay when the wheels are moving forward, but it gets cocked and
jams on when the wheel turns backwards.

Jack the car, pull the wheels, check out the calipers....