[DeTomaso] Clutch Master - Thanks to all

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat May 21 21:07:46 EDT 2011

This forum and the Pantera community in general are great.  Thanks again to
all who helped me out.

I received a number of very helpful suggestions on how to get the clutch
master out.  Ended up going with the cringe and cut method, and put a 2.5"
hole in the side of the pedal box.  Good thing as the kluged-up pin had a
pseudo-cotter pin in the end and I never would have gotten it out without
access.  Pin did come out with light tapping with a punch and hammer, so no
disaster scenarios such as what Jack DeRyke offered me.

Master was a rusty hulk, not even sure why it was still working, but I knew
it was causing trouble last year when I would be at a light or slow-rolling
through a parking lot with the clutch pedal in, and after a while, I would
feel the clutch start to grab in fits and starts.

Should be back together this week, and a little road testing will get done
before we leave for Reno.

Mike Thomas