[DeTomaso] Wheels again

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:41:58 EDT 2011

I currently have Kinesis 17x11's on the rear with 6" backspacing and I've never been happy
as I can "only" get 315's under the car. I have Quella's roller bearing upright conversion
and it moves the hub out. It' time to buy tires and I'd prefer to get 335's ..... Possibly
thinking about 18/17" setup.

Dave

Dave,
I've done a Registry search using 17" front 17" rear and unknown for both wheel widths and
the Registry database shows:  Number of Records Returned: 387

Common tires in this list include:
Bridgestone 335/35 ZR17
Michelin Pilot 335/35/17
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 335/30ZR17
Michelin Pilot 335/45
Pirelli P Zero 335/35

I again entered 17" and 17" diameters, with a 9 inch front width
and an 11 inch rear width (most SPECIFIED common sizes)
and the registry database shows: Number of Records Returned: 26

Using 17" front and 18" rear shows (widths set to unknown) returns 10 records.

A LOT of people have >YET< to enter/update their wheel & tire sizes,
but this indicates a lot of people run 335s.  Could your brake package be moving your hub
surface outboard?

To all readers with a Registry login, update your wheel and tire details here:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/MemberUpdateRegistry.asp

Chuck Melton
(Need help updating your Registry record?  E-mail me directly.)