[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 82, Issue 19-RACE TIRES

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu May 19 12:13:23 EDT 2011

John
I did look at my buddies Race Tires the other day
at the autocross 285 18's  all the way around
the rears would work but no way I could get a 285
under my front fenders even with the mods we did
a while back

As far as keeping Julian from passing me in Reno
my car needs to lose about 600 lbs and that
would give me a chance.. I will try to hang with
him but I have video of him pulling me on the
back straight and sad to say makes my car
look slow and his car pulls like Escahoffs!!!
He was actually gaining on those guys after
having to start from the back of the pack
look out this year

I did beat my buddy on the autocross course by
over 2 seconds so the race tires need time to
heat up

My Firechicken has a valve seal issue or leaking
manifold.. no time to check now as the Pantera
needs the water pump replaced, valves run, new
plugs andair filter replaced in the next few weeks
plus getting the trailer packed up for the track

Bob Benson