[DeTomaso] wheels

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Thu May 19 12:08:42 EDT 2011

Chuck,

This is exactly what I could NOT remember, thank you so much!

TPR guys: info to make the wheels work if they don't already.

all the best,

"IIRC when I did this experiment about six years ago.....the deal was for Mustang wheels from AFS (or ASF). Jim Duncan had these wheels on his stock fendered Pantera and they worked fine. I needed some seventeen inch wheels for my Pantera and we proceeded to test fit his wheels to my car. IIRC the fronts were the 17x8 BS 5.24 and they fit fine.

The rears were 17x9 or 10. They fit Jim's car and they did not fit mine due to interference with the lower part of the upright. It looked like a 1/4" or 3/8" spacer would have fixed the problem. Jim recalled that his car has aftermarket brakes front and rear. My brakes were stock. It appears that the aftermarket hat and rotor moved the wheel out about 3/8" and permitted Jim to use the bargain AFS Mustang wheels without problem. I didn't want to use a spacer and ended up with different seventeen inch wheels.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles"

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6135 (20110519) __________

http://www.eset.com